We work together with prescribers and their patients to provide innovative solutions to challenging medical situations. We can create customized formulations that contain the most appropriate ingredients in the best vehicle to efficiently deliver the needed drug for your patient’s condition.
Innovative Solutions for your Patients
- Dosage Form – Perhaps your patient requires a change in dosage form. We can compound the needed drug(s) into different dosage forms, such as transdermal gels, topical sprays, suppositories, troches, lozenges, lollipops, or freezer pops.
- Combination Preparations – We can combine compatible drugs into a single dosage form to simplify a medication administration schedule, and improve compliance.
- “Unavailable” Medications – When a medication is out of stock or temporarily unavailable, we can usually obtain the needed drug as a bulk powder and compound a similar preparation.
- Flavoring – We can flavor each medication to please each individual’s palate, and eliminate aftertastes.
- Elimination of Problem-Causing Excipients – We can formulate medications to eliminate unnecessary dyes, sugar, lactose, alcohol, and preservatives.
- Dosage Modification – We can compound a medication that contains the most appropriate strength of medication to provide the needed benefit, but minimize the risk adverse effects. This can be particularly important for a patient with kidney failure or liver disease, or when a drug with a narrow therapeutic index is needed.
- Prescriber-Specific Formulations– Often, prescribers develop unique formulations that meet specific needs of their patient population, or acquire “tried and true” formulas during their medical training. We commonly prepare these customized medications.