In the U.S. alone, one in ten couples have fertility issues. Fertility treatments are highly specialized and must often be customized for each individual. Pharmaceutical compounding has made several major areas of progress for fertility treatments. Fertility medications created at The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills can treat a wide range of different fertility problems based on the cause. There are many factors that affect fertility even for healthy people. A fertility physician can find the specific causes of the fertility issue and create a customized treatment with our skilled pharmacists for each individual. We offer the benefit of being able to create a wide range of different routes of administration for fertility treatments such as oral capsules, topical gels, suppositories, injections, oral suspension, and other treatments as needed.
Factors That Affect Fertility
Here are a few factors that can affect fertility in both men and women:
- AGE – Age is the strongest predictor of fertility. Fertility for Men starts to decline at age 35. It starts to decline for women after age 32, although there are many cases of women having children even after the age of 50. There is a higher chance of miscarriage and birth abnormalities for women after the age of 40.
- STDs – Sexually transmitted diseases can affect fertility for both men and women. Diseases such as syphilis, HPV, gonorrhea, and others can cause fertility problems and by affecting the reproductive organs. Early and effective treatment of STDs can prevent fertility problems from arising.
- WEIGHT – Weight has a significant influence on fertility, however, weight problems can be treated with the proper diet along with certain compounded medications. For both men and women, body fat levels can affect fertility. Excess body fat in both men and women can cause hormone production abnormalities. Body fat levels that are too low can shut down the reproductive system entirely.
- HORMONE IMBALANCES – Hormonal imbalances can result from many different causes, for women they can affect the ovulation cycle, making them too long or too short, or stopping them altogether. Hormone imbalances are regularly treated at compounding pharmacies with customized treatments based on each individual’s hormone levels.
- MEDICATIONS – Many medications can have fertility side effects that result in low libido or other fertility problems. Many of fertility side effects are temporary, and some of the medications that can affect fertility include antibiotics, anti-depressants, and painkillers. Compounded medications can also be created to reverse fertility problems caused by medications.
- ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARD EXPOSURE – There are several different types of environmental hazards that can lead to fertility issues such as radiation, microwave emissions, high temperatures, chemicals, prolonged exposure to stress, and several other factors can cause fertility problems.
- DRUGS AND ALCOHOL – Several types of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol can cause a wide range of different fertility problems. Smoking can cause fertility problems for women. Even moderate alcohol consumption can cause fertility problems. Addictions to drugs and alcohol can be treated with compounded medications.
Compounding Fertility Treatments
Compounding fertility medications has proven to be successful in treating fertility issues. We can create customized fertility medications based on the individual needs of the patient and directions of fertility physicians. Contact The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills today to learn more!