Fertility compounding can be used to create a wide range of different customized treatments to assist with fertility. In the U.S. alone over 6 million men and women have fertility issues, or one in ten couples, and fertility treatments are highly specialized and must often be customized for each individual. Pharmaceutical compounding has made several major areas of progress for fertility treatments. Women and men who are infertile may have difficulties with conceiving but modern fertility medicine is so far advanced that there are many treatments to try. Fertility medications created at The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills can treat a wide range of different fertility problems based on the cause. Fertility medications can prove to be successful in treating fertility issues.
The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills can create customized fertility medicines based on the individual needs of the patient and directions of fertility physicians. There can be several causes of fertility problems for women such as hormonal imbalances, ovulation problems, or issues with the reproductive system. Men may have issues with creating healthy sperm, emotional stress, malnutrition and other problems that can cause infertility. Infertility can be caused by certain illnesses, the use of medications, diabetes, kidney disease, cancer, and some genetic disorders. There are many factors that affect fertility even for healthy people. A fertility physician can find the specific causes of the fertility issue and create a customized treatment for each individual, and with the wide range of different factors that can affect fertility, compounding pharmacies can be quite helpful in creating customized treatments.
Factors that affect fertility
There are dozens of factors that can affect fertility in both men and women, and below are some of the more common factors, some of which cannot be controlled:
- Age – age is the strongest predictor of fertility. Fertility for men starts to decline at age 35, and it starts to decline for women after age 32, although there are many cases of women having children even after the age of 50. There is a higher chance of miscarriage and birth abnormalities for women after the age of 40.
- STDs – sexually transmitted diseases can affect fertility for both men and women. Diseases such as syphilis, HPV, gonorrhea and others can cause fertility problems and by affecting the reproductive organs. Early and effective treatment of STDs can prevent fertility problems from arising.
- Weight – weight has a significant influence on fertility, however weight problems can be treated with the proper diet along with certain compounded medications. For both men and women, body fat levels can affect fertility. Excess body fat in both men and women can cause hormone production abnormalities. Body fat levels that are too low can shut down the reproductive system entirely.
- Hormone imbalances – hormonal imbalances can result from many different causes, for women they can affect the ovulation cycle, making them too long or too short, or stopping them altogether. Hormone imbalances are regularly treated at compounding pharmacies with customized treatments based on each individual’s hormone levels.
- Medications – many medications can have fertility side effects that result in low libido or other fertility problems. Many of fertility side effects are temporary, and some of the medications that can affect fertility include antibiotics, anti-depressants, and painkillers. Compounded medications can also be created to reverse fertility problems caused by medications.
- Environmental hazard exposure – there are several different types of environmental hazards that can lead to fertility issues such as radiation, microwave emissions, high temperatures, chemicals, prolonged exposure to stress, and several other factors can cause fertility problems.
- Using drugs and alcohol – several types of drugs, tobacco and alcohol can cause a wide range of different fertility problems. Smoking can cause fertility problems for women, and even moderate alcohol consumption can cause fertility problems. Addictions to drugs and alcohol can be treated with compounded medications.
Fertility medications that cannot be found commercially can be created to treat these fertility issues and other fertility issues. Hormone replacement therapies can treat fertility problems related to low hormone production, and natural hormones are often used in compounding treatments. We also offer the benefit of being able to create a wide range of different routes of administration for fertility treatments such as oral capsules, topical gels, suppositories, injections, oral suspension, and other treatments as needed.
Multiple fertility treatments can be combined into one if necessary, and compounding pharmacies can create customized fertility dosages and unique methods of administration not available commercially. Drug compounding gives fertility doctors the versatility in treatment options to be able to pick the proper treatment for their patients.
Compounding fertility treatments
Progesterone is commonly prescribed for female patients in order to increase the chance of implantation of the embryo in the endometrium, and it is another treatment that is used as a part of an assisted reproductive technology program. Men commonly receive testosterone treatments to improve libido and treat sexual dysfunctions, and medications such as Cialis, Viagra, Levitra. Customized treatments with these medications and other medications can be created at a reasonable cost by The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills. Contact us today to learn more!