When you are in even moderate pain, it can dramatically disrupt your life, interfere with your relationships and activities, and dampen the joy of being alive. To complicate matters, chronic pain may have multiple causes, and may require an approach that is unique to the patient’s needs.
Customized medications can help relieve sufferers of pain from many causes. Patients with acute nerve or muscle pain from sports injury, work injury or an accident have many more options if they use a compounding pharmacy. Similarly, sufferers of chronic pain from conditions like fibromyalgia or arthritis can find novel ways of pain relief not available at a traditional pharmacy.
We Give You Options
Our approach to address these symptoms takes into account the many causes of your chronic or acute pain, and gives you options to treat it. Whatever form and formulation you require, we will work with you and your doctor to relieve you of your pain.
People who suffer everyday pain are faced with problems such as:
- Muscle Spasms
- Abrasions and cuts
- Fungal infections of the skin and nails
- Dry skin
- Neuritis (tingling pain)
Transdermal Therapy to Decrease Side Effects
Medications that relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and relax muscles can have side effects such as drowsiness. However, when these medications are administered transdermally, the therapeutic benefit can be enhanced while significantly reducing the risk of adverse effects.
Trigger Point Application
Pain may originate at the spinal level, and follow a nervous pathway to trigger point, where the sensation is perceived. Trigger point application may be useful when pain medications are administered transdermally, and is especially useful for treating neuropathic pain.
Combinations to Improve Therapy
A synergistic effect can be achieved when certain medications are used in combination. Penetrant enhancers such as USP medical grade DMSO can improve the extent of absorption of topically applied medications.
Athlete’s foot, jock itch, and onychomycosis (nail fungus) are common in athletes or even the occasional weekend warrior. Various synergistic combinations are used for antifungal therapy.
The active ingredients in some of our pain management medications include:
- Ketoprofen – an anti-inflammatory drug used to treat pain, stiffness and tenderness. It is especially effective for menstrual cramps, tension headaches, back pain, spasms, arthritis, and TMJ.
- Lidocaine – An effective anesthetic.
- Cyclobenzaprine – A muscle relaxant used in combination with rest to help treat spasms and other pain or discomfort in the muscles.
- Amitriptyline – An anti-depressant that also treats itching and burning.
- Gabapentin – An anti-convulsive effective in treating some kinds of pain.
- Baclofen – A muscle relaxant that treats spasms, pain, and stiffness.
- Terbinafine – An antifungal medication.