Until the 20th century, all pharmacies were compounding pharmacies, meaning they combined one or more active ingredients into a customized treatment for an individual patient’s needs. Today, very few pharmacies provide this type of personalized service.
The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills is a compounding pharmacy dedicated to providing high-quality medications. As a compounding pharmacy, we formulate combinations of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients, as prescribed by a healthcare practitioner, into specific dosage forms such as capsules, creams, gels, tablets, lozenges, suppositories and other forms.
Benefits of working with a compounding pharmacy include:
- Healthcare practitioners can prescribe medication specific to their patient’s individual needs instead of only having access to standardized, commercially available dosages, strengths and forms.
- Healthcare practitioners can more easily fine-tune or modify the dose or prescription as an individual’s needs change, or match an individual’s preferences and absorption abilities.
- Patients are less likely to experience side effects if their prescriptions can be tailored to their specific needs.
- Compounded prescriptions can be customized to different formulations that may be more efficient or easier to administer. For example, if a patient has difficulty swallowing pills, the compounding pharmacist may be able to formulate the medication as a cream or gel.
- Multiple prescriptions can be combined into a single dosage form for convenience and to ensure better patient compliance.
- Preservative-free or allergen-free prescriptions can be compounded for sensitive patients.
- Flavoring can be added to make drops and lozenges more palatable, if desired.
The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills adheres to standards and regulations set by the National Association of Boards and California State Board of Pharmacy for quality assurance and accuracy. Our pharmacists are meticulous in meeting the industry’s highest standards of compounded medications.
Discover the compounding difference at The Compounding Pharmacy of Beverly Hills for yourself. Contact us to learn more!